I’ve failed so many times, here’s how I’ll make sure I succeed this time!
Deciding to write online every day for 6 months is a big personal challenge. Particularly when you haven’t managed to write 30 days yet!
But this time I am determined. I will succeed. This time I have…
A compelling motivation
My ADHD means that I can get very excited about something at the start, but fail to keep the excitement going when it gets hard. So while a 30 day group challenge is a great idea, I sometimes need more. So my goal…to celebrate writing online every day for 6 months before my 50th birthday gives me something far more personal to focus on.
Habits that support my goal
As an ADHDer, I struggle with systems and habits, but I also desperately need them.
So to help me achieve this goal, I am reinforcing habits that I know work, that will help me succeed. These include
- going to bed earlier, and using digital blockers to reduce access to my phone at night
- waking up early, with a cup of green tea in my Goblin Teasmade to wake me
- starting my day with meditation, stretching and journaling
- setting ‘sacred writing hours’ to write
- creating a plan, so that I know what I am going to write each day
These habits, plus the personal goal and the idea of my future self celebrating a birthday and 6 months of online writing, will (I hope!) help my achieve my goal.
I’ll be writing about writing, email marketing, healing, loss, sobriety, parenting, ADHD and more. I hope you’ll join me!
Read this post and more on my Typeshare Social Blog